Monday, July 20, 2009

So!

It's been over a month, time to put more boring things in here. I'm currently in Vienna (nicest city in the world, I might add), clearing up some personal stuff. This did not keep me from taking pictures, luckily. So I'll write little here, and let the pictures do the talking.

Basically, it's pictures of Vienna (houses and sights), and specifically picures of the Museum of Military History, where they had two whole days of pre-WW2 demonstration shootings (with gunpowder, obviously...). Gotta love re-enactors. Well, here goes!













This is Schoenbrunn Palace, the Austrian imperial summer residence. It's situated farther away from the city's center.


















This is the Gloriette, and below it, the Neptune fountain, situated in Schoenbrunn Palace's parks.














This is the Hofburg, with the Heldenplatz in front of it, the 'Heroe's Square', in a rough translation.


Okay, enough sightseeing. Here come the guns.





Soo... this is a mortar. I don't know the exact grenade size, but it was something around 25-30 cm (or 10-12") in diameter, which is already pretty damn large. It was pretty loud, too, even at some distance.



























A minstrel group, with dancer. Although definitely not my cup of tea, the music was nice.














This is a so-called 'Haufen', where Pikeneers and Musketeers fight together against both cavalry and infantry. They had a snarling sergeant-major to boot, too!


So, that's it for now, I have more pictures stored, but I'm not in the mood to select any more now ^_^



P.S.: blogger's playing Old Harry with the layout, I'll have to work around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment